For each client, we create a custom self-publishing guide that explains every aspect of the process, complete with easy-to-follow checklists.
The final steps of getting your book to market can be bewildering to first-time authors. Together Editing & Design has shepherded many writers through this process and can help you go that last mile.
We will work with you to complete the book sections you may not have thought about yet:
- pre-press reviews or praise for your writing and the book
- foreword by a guest author
- "About the Author" page
- appendices, lists of tables or figures, and other reference pages.
After the writing is done, the publication process includes many steps that the self-publishing author has not encountered before, such as
- making sure your images and graphics have appropriate reprint permissions
- writing a description of your book that will appear on Amazon
- registering ISBNs
- setting prices for paperback, hardcover, and ebook versions
- obtaining a Library of Congress control number (LCCN)
- choosing the physical characteristics of your book: size, paper color, cover finish
- choosing keywords and book categories that will help people find your book when it's for sale
- ordering and reviewing proof copies
- getting your book listed with other services, such as Ingram Spark, Barnes & Noble, or Apple Books
- and more...
With Together Editing & Design, you can feel confident that all of the details will be handled correctly, and nothing will fall through the cracks. We look forward to working with you to take your book through the self-publishing process—contact us today!